You are hereExcursions
The tour to Muyuna Lodge departs from Iquitos at 9:30 a.m. every day and arrives at the lodge about 12.30 p.m. The tour ends the last day after lunch, arriving in Iquitos about 4:00 p.m. so you will have time to get to the airport and take an afternoon flight back to Lima.
If your flights are not consistent with this schedule, we can adapt to your itinerary. We add each way S/.750 for an extra scheduled boat. It's preferebly to travel with the sunlight, so we don’t send boats from 3:00 pm until 5:00 am.
Or, otherwise, you can stay overnight in Iquitos, which is worth it. There are many things to do, places to visit and good food.
Request the hotels and activities that we recommend at firstname.lastname@example.org
To your knowledge, each year the global warming also is affecting the Amazon. In July, August and September, the dry season, the water level is so low that sometimes it´s necessary to walk a few minutes from the Amazon to Yanayacu River. Then a small boat waits for you to take you through the Yanayacu to Muyuna. Same back to Iquitos.
Excursions are included in the price and you can make your own program. Once you're in Muyuna, you can coordinate the activities with the guide, but always dependent on weather and river level. What is done during the day tours are flexible and we can change according to your preferences. We can also create special tours for groups with a particular interest for an extra fee (biologists, physicians, fishing, bird watchers, etc.).
The excursions that can be made in Muyuna are:
- Walk to learn about medicinal plants and their uses.
- Walk to look for monkeys, sloths, mammals, etc. in its own natural habitat.
- Nocturnal hikes to look for nocturnal animals (alligators, toads, frogs, insects, snakes, spiders and fireflies). Rather do it by boat or canoe, for as close to Muyuna are many animals, it is safer to it do on the water.
- Visit remote local village to see how different life style the jungle people have. Muyuna doesn't visit tribes in disguise for the tourists.
- Canoe trips along the tributaries and ten lakes near Muyuna.
- Piranha fishing in rivers and lakes. In March, April, and May is more difficult to fish because there is more water.
- Tour in the early morning to watch birds.
- Swim in the Amazon River and its lakes. You can see the pink and gray dolphins. Please, take note, dolphins are wild and free. Don't expect to touch them and have a picture with their smiling faces. If you have the time, we invite you to watch "The Cove" in youtube to know how the dolphins get into the dolphinariums.
- Breakfast on the boat to enjoy the morning scenery watching the dolphins around.
- Camping in virgin jungle.
- Visit to the beaches and islands of the Amazon in the dry season.
- See the Victoria Regia, the biggest aquatic plant in the world.
- Find the prehistoric and rare bird hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin).
- Find the Wattled Curassow (Crax globulosa), a bird thought to be extinct and the only place in America you can see it is at Muyuna!! See the birdwatching Trip.
- Fish for the belligerent Peacock Bass (Cichla ocellaris), depending on the level of the river. See the Fishing Trip.
- Transfer from the airport to the port or hotel in Iquitos.
- Navigate from Iquitos to Muyuna Lodge on the Amazon River, 140 kilometers, for about 3 hours. Include the return as well.
- Visit small and remote local village to see how different life style the jungle people have.
- Muyuna doesn´t make visits to tribes and communities in disguise for the tourists.
- Bottled water.
- Batteries charges for cameras, laptops, etc. at certain times.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner serve in a buffet style. The menu is balanced between Peruvian and international food, so you can taste typical dishes in combination with mild flavors. We use small amounts of salt, sugar and oil. If you are vegetarian or have restrictions on some food, please let us know in advance. The meats we use are: pork, beef, fish, and chicken.
- There is a fruit basket and a coffee table at your disposal.
- Private bungalow with private bath and terrace with hammock facing the river or the jungle.
- Tents, mattresses and everything you need in case you want to camp in the middle of virgin forest.
- Night and day expeditions to look for animals.
- Expert bilingual naturalist guides with small groups.
- A list of animals that have been in the area of Muyuna.
- First aid kit, which includes serum against the poison snakes (no worries, in 14 years we have not use one).
- Having no electricity, we play again like when we were kids and we were away from electronic games (Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess, etc). There are a mini-soccer game and a ping pong table.
- Biodegradable amenities like shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and liquid soap.
- Laundry (coordinate with the manager in the lodge).
- Airfare and airport taxes (however, we can help you organize the trip planning the route and buying the tickets more appropriate).
- Tips for guide and staff members.
- Tips for baggage handlers.
- Travel insurance or health insurance.
|Summary Itineraries Chart.pdf||33.07 KB|